top of page


Resident Return Visa

The Resident Return Visa (RRV) is a visa placed in the passport or travel document to identify permanent residents of Australia to allow them to return to Australia after temporary absences overseas.

All Australian permanent residents travelling overseas, who wish to return to Australia as permanent residents must apply for a resident return visa. However, for permanent residents who do not intend to travel, they do not need to obtain a resident return visa.  

Subclass 155 & 157

It is important that applicants should inquire about their eligibility for a new visa well before their existing visa expires and before leaving Australia. Eligibility is liable to change over the years as it generally relates to the length of time applicants have been resident in Australia in the three years prior to their application lodgement.

bottom of page